BinkIT dropping connections to Irex
Having problems with IRex, there's some posts in Dove-NET Synchronet Discussion on this from myself and my hub Marc Lewis. From my original post, I created a new pastebin that doesn't expire so soon: https://pastebin.com/5ytzz6PD
I have to sometimes email my HUB so he can clear something out before I start receiving echomail & netmail from him again.
I initially thought a timeout but can't find anything indicating so on my end.
Could also be a bug with IRex but appears at least 1 other node is having the same issue from his post below, either way, hoping something can be done to play nice.
From Marc Lewis to All on Sync Discussion: Why is it that Syncrhonet's linux based BinkP always seems to drop it's inbound connection, ungracefully at that? Here's a couple of examples from my BinkP log:
- 20:37:00 (10) Sent to 1:106/633: 0122FDB4.MOB (2151 bytes) ? 20:37:00 (10) BinkP error: remote dropped connection. =-=-=-=
- 09:38:19 (9) Sent to 1:106/987: TK426867.TIC (2013 bytes) ? 09:38:19 (9) BinkP error: remote dropped connection. =-=-=-=
- 09:52:19 (9) Sent to 1:106/987: 0122FC52.SU1 (143743 bytes) ? 09:52:20 (9) BinkP error: remote dropped connection. =-=-=-=
- 00:02:03 (10) Sent to 1:106/633: 0122FDB4.MO0 (567 bytes) ? 00:02:03 (10) BinkP error: remote dropped connection. -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Here's an example of a normal close-out of a BinkP session from a couple non-Synchronet Nodes:
- 00:05:07 (8) Sent to 1:124/5016: 0110EC95.MO0 (15247 bytes)
- 00:05:07 (8) Connection closed. =-=-=-=
- 01:00:23 (8) Sent to 1:387/20: 00090019.MO0 (848 bytes)
- 01:00:23 (8) Connection closed. -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-